Sunday, February 17, 2013

Oh Dear...

So evidentally, I didn't make it online to blog each week.
I'm just going to take accountability and admit that it wasn't a priority while I was working every day.

So here is my: Super-Awesome-Lengthy-Week-Catch-Up Post!

Day 7: a show or a movie that has changed you, and how

Never Say Never. The Justin Bieber movie. Watching this movie allowed me to respect Justin Beiber as a musician. Previously he was a suject of heavy joking in our house and then we began to see his music as something more. This is such a lame response, but it did make me realize that I am often too quick to judge and everything else aside, people deserve to be respected for the fact that they are people, celebrities included.

Day 8: things that make you sad

It makes me sad when people make wrong choices, when my sister won't give me a hug, when I see people crying, when I see people give up or stop caring, when my brother says he hates me, when I have to leave a place or person I love, and when the state of the world wears heavy on my heart.

Day 9: things that make you happy

This is a never ending list:
music, singing, ukulele playing, learning new things, saying hello to strangers, when people laugh at my jokes, when I laugh harder than anyone else at my jokes, when I make someone smile, random texts, getting a needed paycheck, doing well at in-service, reuniting with friends, taking photographs, making memories, riding roller coasters, eating frosted flakes, late nights at taco bell, working out, making a three pointer, working somewhere that I love my co-workers, saying "Hey Jon Geronimo!" really loud at work, making people think i'm ridiculous, learning to love someone I used to dislike, making patrons happy, helping others, being asked to coach practices, watching funny youtube videos, listening to One Direction, going new places, looking through old photographs, jamming while I drive, harmonizing, doing nice things for others, baking, cooking a yummy dinner, when Kendall tells me I'm a thug, seeing how beautiful the world is,  dancing, bending over backwards, and the fact that this list would never end I I decided to keep going. I am so blessed.

Day 10: what you think when you hear the words “be yourself”

"Be Your[BEST]self."

Day 11: the worst advice you’ve ever heard, or ever been given

"You never know until you try it."

Day 12: the best advice you’ve ever heard, or ever been given

Faith and fear cannot coexist in the same heart. Which are you letting rule your life?

Day 13: your favorite quote

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."

Day 14: write about something you believe in, anything at all
Day 15: a song that makes you cry and why
Lots of songs make me cry, but none make me cry every single time I hear or sing them.
One song that makes me cry sometimes is "I Stand All Amazed" another is "Lord of the Small." Both of these songs illustrate the incredible and overwhelming love that our Savior Jesus Christ has for us, his children. Knowing that someone loves me so perfectly without condition makes me cry because it is a such a wonderful truth to hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment