Saturday, January 31, 2015

Mission 4

I cannot believe how the time has flown! This is an incredible place and an incredible work! Sorry if my english is poor in this letter, I can easily see how poorly my spelling is based on how often I'm correcting it so I have no doubt that I am missing a lot. hahaha

Anyway, I don't have lots of time, but I will just share a few sweet moments and experiences with you from this week:

This week lessons have been going really well! We committed one of our "investigators" to baptism, however, we didn't need to do much because he chose to follow through on his commitments. And if we do the things that we need to to feel the spirit, we will receive answers.

Hermana Escobores is no longer our teacher because she is teaching the new district that is english speaking. Her english is better than probably any of the other teachers, so they switched her. She said she would no longer be our teacher and I told her "Pero siempre usted es nuestra madre" Which is totally true. I love her and it was a tender mercy that on our last class with her we got to have Book of Mormon study time (during which the teachers teach a lesson based out of the book of Mormon about whatever they want). It was awesome. Her testimony always gives me strength and hope.

This week I had a really sweet opportunity this week (actually more than once) to comfort some of the "younger" missionaries when they were struggling. As I spoke I knew that the words were my own, but I felt the spirits confirming witness that I was saying the right thing. It was strange because I feel like normally I feel the spirit guiding me with what to say and that's how I know I'm saying the right thing, but this time I just said what I thought was best and the spirit's presence showed that it definitely was the right things to say. I lay in bed pondering this and as I did. I had an impression that as we become more Christlike, we don't always need to be given the words to say because our words are the words Christ would use by nature of us being more like him. I'm not sure if that explains it very well. I am far from perfect, but I am sincerely doing all that I can to be more Christlike and His atonement is definitely bridging the gaps and inadequacies that I leave.

This week we got to go the tienda, which was pretty fun, I got some really cute shoes for $300 pesos, which is like $7, so boom, that rocks. haha Yes mom, I still love shoes. (: Also, Hermano Martinez is the best. He bought all of us ice-cream. He is seriously the best. He also made me a nametag that says "Hermana Marrón" which if you don't know is how you say Brown in spanish and is what all the people here call me!

Sad thing about this week is that Walski left for Haiti to visit his grandpa and won't come back until after we are in Puerto Rico. I love that kid and I hope the missionaries that are here when he gets back will keep helping him practice english. 

Oh, another awesome teacher story. In the first week we were here Hermano Nuñez told us that he had a twin (which basically just gives him an excuse to mess with people when they make him come in at a time that isn't his normal shift). He told our companionship awhile ago that he doesn't but we've been keeping the secret going for everyone else. The elders started doubting because he hasn't been here in forever (there aren't enough districts for the teachers to pull extra shifts), so he said "fine I'll have him sub." Needless to say Monday Manuel Nuñez, the dreaded evil twin came to teach us. He was not nearly so mean as I expected, and even though we knew it wasn't actually an evil Nuñez it was a huge relief when he smiled at us at the elder's weren't looking. It was super funny and a good joke, but at the end of the class he called the joke because he noticed that one of the elders in our district had been having a hard day and it was more important to him that he could talk to him as himself than keep a joke going.

Seriously, my teachers here are the best and I am so blessed here. I am so grateful for the chance to have met them and I am hoping that I will be able to keep in contact with each of them long after my mission.Also, the cooks here are sooo wonderful, and so are all the senior missionaries including and especially President and Sister Freestone. I am so grateful for all that is happening here.

Lastly I'll tell you a cool moment I had before I get off the computer!

I was doing TALL (on computer language training program). I'm actually almost done with all the lessons on it which is pretty cool, but I was getting really frustrated with some irregular verbs the other day because I always forget these certain forms. Anyway, I just said a prayer that Heavenly Father would help me to be able to do them. I got the help I needed. I would look at the verb chart and suddenly think of the first answer and the proceeding answer for each verb (including verbs that I had never learned). It was just such a blessing and I felt so happy that the spirit really can help us with all things. 

Life is totally good and I am incredible blessed. 

Also, all the missionaries are currently listening to our family singing hymns because I play our CD while I write and they are loving it. (: Dad, make sure grandpa gets my emails? I want him to know how grateful I am that I can sing with my family and that I love and miss him! 

Talk to you all next week!

I love you all so much and I am grateful to be a part of this work. I absolutely know that this is where I am meant to be. I do not doubt or fear because I know that my Savior is with me. He is also with each of you. Reach out to Him for He reaches for you continually. The truth is on the earth today and that is such an incredible blessing. Don't miss out on it! Go to God seeking truth and He will make it known until you! He has done so for me. I know that this is the true church, led by revelation. I know that there are prophets and apostles on the Earth today, and I know that God our loving Heavenly Father has a plan for you!

Love, Hermana Marrón

No comments:

Post a Comment