Saturday, January 31, 2015

#6 Mission

First off, thanks for the birthday wishes! As I sat in the chapel yesterday I realized that there is no place on this earth that I would rather be, and my 20th year will probably be among the best in my life because all of it will be spent serving the Lord. What a blessing!

Seriously, my wish yesterday was to have a sucessful day of teaching, and it was granted. As well as visiting less-active families, we taught two lessons with members present. One of them, was with our new investigator, Jose (I'll tell you how we met him in a second). As we began to meet him and his family, his nephew was running wild and there was chaos in the street. I remember thinking, oh please heavenly Father, help this to go well, and I got a distinct reponse: I'm in this with you. This really is the work of the Lord, undoubtedly. And the lesson went great (: 

I don't have lots of time, so I will just tell how we met Jose and leave it at that...

One day this week, we were walking and distictly in my mind came the words of a promise of the Lord "I will guide the paths of your feet." I remembered the talk from Elder Bednar about acting on good thoughts... The next few appointments we walked to fell through, and I remember wondering if we were where we needed to be, but remembering this thought, we carried on. As we walked, we greeted people that passed, but didn't really stop enough to talk to them. We realized that if someone was going to stop for a conversation it was going to have to be us, and remembered the advice of a former missionary, to greet contacts like a friends, and talk to them, and THEN ask their name. So, we did. That's how we met Jose, our new investigator. It was really powerful because as we talked, I asked him if he would be interested in hearing our message, and when he said yes, I felt the spirit so strongly. It was such a tender mercy. This was not the only time that we were led to run into someone, but I just can't forget that spirit. As we walked away, Sister Sanchez commented that we had just met a future priesthood holder. As I told her of the feelings I had as we talked to him, I again felt that spirit, so strongly. God is very much a part of this work and I am so excited to see what we can do with his help.

Seriously, things are going well! I love my companion. She is from el Salvador, she thinks and tells everyone that I am bilingual and I can't decide if that is a good or bad things, but it is definitely putting me in a place where I have to catch up, so probably good.

I am seriously blessed, but seriously out of time because were doing servive this morning, so please forgive me if you emailed me and I haven't responded. Know that I love each of you and I am grateful for you in my life!
God is real. He loves us and is very aware of us. I wish there was a way to communicate how 1092309840918234098209384% true that really is. Let Him show you how much He loves you. Ask Him to let you know, and I promise He will, because you are His child.

Love, Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment