Thursday, April 19, 2012

just a spot of sunshine

I must say, I truly love my life and all the blessings and opportunities I have in my life. So many blessings and tender mercies have been popping up in my memories the past few days. It's given me the chance to be grateful and to learn a lot about myself.  So this post may seen jumbled or rambled, but that's how it all relates. Thoughts that have continuously been walking through my mind. So here it is:

 I am amazed at all the places I've been in my life and I haven't even left this country! This year alone I traveled to New York City for the first time. Not to mention my amazing trip to Utah, that ended just a week ago. How many people can say within the first 4 months of the year they've already traveled across the country twice? Then there's all the other experiences I've had just being here at home. There's the dance festival, all district choir, meeting the singing sergeants, playing church basketball, being elected executive board president for senior year, and most recently realizing that I am going to be a senior next year and then I'll be leaving! I am realizing that 2012 has been a great year so far, it started off great at a new years party with a multi-stake dance. I was surrounded by friends, we were all hugging and cheering and it felt incredible! The fun and crazy night that night measures up similarly to how wonderful and fulfilling this year has been. I'm wondering and hopeful at how it will continue on...

Another thing I've been thinking about is how great friends can be! While I was in Utah, I met a guy named Reagan. Reagan's family lives in German because they are in the Military. Every single time I saw him he made me think of one of my good friend named, Bowen Creer. I met Bowen at efy in 2009. That was the first time I met him and the last time I've seen him since then. All I know is that he's a great friend. He makes me happy every single time I talk to him. We don't get to talk much, and I'm not saying I have a crush on him or something, but he really does make me happy. The other day I told him about Reagan and he responded from  his mom's facebook. He didn't say anything too crazy, but the words he said kept me smiling all day. It really is just the little things in life that make all the difference. Overall, recently I have realized time and time again that no matter how alone I sometimes feel. I am loved.


My final thought which is much less profound, (although that one wasn't incredibly profound in and of itself) is that  really loveee LOST. I was thinking today about how the Hunger Games lost so much because you only see the action not the emotional thought process that goes behind every choice. I love how LOST gives the back stories of the characters, so even though you don't know exactly why they do what they do, you understand where they are coming from even when you don't have the full story.


So I have a few posts that I really want to make. including: one about Utah, one about youtube vidioes, and one about boys, but I think I shall do them another night.

Also, sidenote. Its now 12:21 and that means BEN IS IN VIRGINA! :DDD I am so happy. He'll be home soon. I need to go and make him some food to eat when he gets home!
bytheway, I am a great chef and the food I made earlier was incredible. I don't even feel like I'm bragging, just being honest. lol

Love you all... whoever reads this... (:

No comments:

Post a Comment