Monday, September 17, 2012

Just a Little Pick Me Up

This weekend was beyond incredible, just what I needed.

On Friday, (with a little struggle) I managed to clean my room. It was tough because, I'm honestly a little bit of a slob, especially in the summer where I am always either: working, out of town, working, taking care of school things, working, at church, working, hanging out with friends, or exausted from working. hahaha. Anyways, needless to say I haven't been taking care of things the way I should, and I had 3 months worth of junk piled up. Luckily, not I can turn over a new leaf because I finally got it all done!

Anyways, I got to go to a sleepover at the lovely Lexy Rowberry's house, along with Clarky and later Lauren Brown! We used to have all sorts of sleepovers, but haven't had one in over a year. I was more than needed. I'm so glad that I finally got to go have a night with my girls, the ones who are there for me, through thick and thin!

Here are some examples of sleepovers past, some of the best nights of my lifeee. (:

First and Foremost... (best sleepover ever...)
Tricked you! This actually was at a sleepover, but not one of the ones that I wanted to share and relive with my best friends :D  hahhahaha

ANYWAY...






Years of memories of building forts, trampoline talks, and funny adventures doing all sorts of shenanigans have been flooding back and we've really missed all of our time together!

Sadly, Kenzie couldn't make it, but that's okay, it really just gives us an excuse for another sleepover someday! 

We started off by eating dinner and chatting it up on the trampoline. Then when Lauren arrived we did the same thing. Then we ate brownies with ice cream! yummm. Then we watched the Woman in Black. Apparently, it was really really scary for Lexy and Carly. It wasn't very scary, I kept falling asleep. I woke up, saw a few semi scary events, and then Lexy and Carly suddenly... screamed bloody murder! ahhh, it was freaking scary, to hear them scream. I jumped up so badly.

Afterwards we played games and hung out for awhile. We stayed up til about 4 chatting it up. It was so nice to spend time with them again, to feel bonded with girls who have standards and live their lives the way they know that they should. It was incredibly uplifting.

Saturday, my morning plans were cancelled, so I had plenty of time to do my chores and my homework! It was a very productive day!

I also had one other excursion on Saturday! I got to go to my cousins house, you know: Lauren, Anthon, Tara, and Jaden's house in Manassas (; We had a cookout and spent time together. It was mostly for their family, but a few family friends were invited, including me! It was incredibly fun. It felt like being with my family. We had a great time! :D The kids had the most intense battle going when we arrived. It was hilarious. I called it, Call of Duty: Operation Treehouse. hahaha Seriously, I was impressed. We ate great food, hung out, danced, ate food, and talked it up! I have missed all of them so much, and I really enjoyed meeting more of their family and spending time with friends! It was a blast. Also, highlights: teaching kids the spoons game (poor Anthon!), using Summer as an ankle weight, and watching the BYU game with Anthon and Uncle Jay Jay commentating. I really enjoyed my night.

Then I got to enjoy a lovely drive home with Aunty Ann! We talked about a lot of things that I really appreciated and some things I've been thinking about. I'll write about them in my journal, but not here. Sorry!

Then of course Sunday was a blast! We had an incredible Sacrament Meeting, not to mention a lovely Sunday School and YW Lesson.

This weekend was just the pick me up I needed to not only survive, but thrive in the coming school week! It may be bold to say this on a Monday, but I think I got this guys, I am going to make it! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment