Thursday, February 5, 2015

#8 mission



Okay, I'm going to be really honest and say that I basically have no time to write today. It's a long story that is not worth taking time to write, so instead I'll tell you a tad about my week, sorry!

Also, if you wrote me and I didn't respond, I am sorry. Next week, pinky swears!

Halfway through my first transfer! My mission is already going too fast.

This week was good and also totally crazy... here are a few highlights...

All Carribe Broadcast from salt lake. Some of you who recieve this listened to that! It was awesome and powerful. I loved Elder Anderson's comments on Faith. Well, and the whole thing, but he said some things I had specifcally been thinking about... Also, I was literally thinking about questions I needed to pray about when Elder Holland said that when we ask questions the answer from Christ is "Learn of me and follow me and I will help you learn what you need to know." That was a really rough translation, but it was a powerful message, so I will keep on keeping on. Sidenote: Saw elder Perez, from the MTC, who is in my zone! He is doing well!

Other highlight: INTERCAMBIOS. I felt like I was not going to enjoy these, but it was actually totally awesome. I was with the sister traning leader named, Sister Dye. We had previously met, but she is super great. Mostly she just let me talk when we were working/training. She let me talk about how I feel about how things are going in our area, where we are going well, and where we need to improve. She also let me take lead on a lot of our teaching. This was not new for me, but I didn't expect it since I'm not serving in that area. Turning this 26ish hours, I REALLY felt the power and authority of my calling. It was so awesome. It was a real confidence boost. There are more things I could say about this, but I won't. All I will say is that it was a good day and that I am so greatful for the ways that Heavenly Father has prepared me for this work.

One more thing that people probably like to here is that we committed an investigator to be baptized! His name is Pedro. We had taught him one lesson about the Book of Mormon, because it was all we had time for. Then the other day we taught him the Restoration and invited him to be baptized. The joy that filled his countenance was lovely to see.

We have met several cool people and had lots of cool moments, but I am just about out of time. Know that I think about you and pray for you all. 

Also, I can't not say...

I know that this is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ founded this church during his life on the earth and Joseph Smith restored it in these the last days. That is the difference. I testify that we have the real priesthood authority and that I have been called to serve by a living prophet. The atonement of Christ is real and He lives.

Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment