Sunday, February 12, 2017

Things that Matter Most.

I've decided that each week I'll be doing a quick blog/journalish entry, but mostly I want to focus on the blessings I've received and the tender mercies I've seen. I'll add other fun stuff that I want to remember, but especially have the goal to recognize at least one blessing from each day and to record what I've been taught from my experiences.

Monday- 

This week I had a pretty regular Monday. My days are regularly fantastic, so no complaints there.

After class and work I had a club presidency meeting. The Lord is really blessing us as we plan NCLC. I am glad that I get to participate in these events.

In the evening I got to go to my family home evening group, where we made and decorated paper hearts to heart attach other apartments. It was fun to spread cheer to others.

One blessing was my friend James. I need to print pictures for and assignment in color, but I had already left campus. I asked him to help me, and he went out of his way to print my pictures, so that I could finish my homework assignment.

Tuesday-

Today was super! It was unexpectedly good. The devotional we had was given by Quentin L Cook. I am grateful to know that the counsel we receive through inspired men is true. God leads us through them.

I got to go to see my roommate Maria participate in her bowling tournament! She did so great! I was dying because she was 1 pin away from a turkey! (She got 2 strikes and then the next time she knocked down 9 pins) Sooo close! She didn't win her lane, but she did so much better than I ever would have.

After the bowling tournament, I went to go swim at the RB. I love to swim. I did just over half a mile in 30 minutes, which is really slow compared to how I swam in high school, but it was still really good to finally be back in the water. A blessing was definitely that I was able to be grateful for my success of going instead of getting upset with myself for not being faster yet.

Another unexpected blessing was when Andrew's glasses broke. I mean, don't get my wrong, I feel bad that it happened, but the events following let me spend time with a friend and make some memories, so I can't complain.

Wednesday-

After my class I felt prompted to go take a test. I was confused because I had planned to study more, which I felt was important, but the prompting was very clear, so I went to take my test. I did just fine and had that sucker done in 20 minutes. When I left the testing center the line was HOURS long. I hadn't had to wait at all! I realized that the Lord knew I was ready, and He also knew my schedule, so He helped me out by letting me know I should just go take the test.

Something special that happened today was when I had the chance to make Puerto Rican food for my mission friends. We had a large number of friends come over. One blessings was talking with Devon, who is the sweetest (he did the dishes again) and we had a really edifying conversation, which was great.


Thursday-
To be honest, I ended Wednesday night feeling a little bummed. Not for fault of anyone in particular, I just wasn't really feeling like myself. I went to school in the morning with everything done but feeling pretty stressed. About midmorning, a friend sent me a text message saying that this image made him think of me:


It was a bit of a reality check. I stopped worrying about little things and began to refocus on the big picture of how great my life is.. I spent the rest of that class helping friends learn what we were working on that day. Then, I got an assignment back (that I thought I'd done an okay job on), and found out that I had done exactly what the professor wanted.

I had pizza in my next class and because I felt prompted to go help someone, I ran into a person that helped me with a different class assignment.
I know that these examples are vague, but what I'm trying to convey is how a changed mindset opened my mind to make the rest of the day great!

It was warm and sunny outside, so I spent as long as I could at work. It was just lovely. I love my job, and I saw a tree that was MADE for climbing, which my coworkers totally encouraged me to do.


In the evening, we went to the women's basketball game. We've come to see that Women's sports are highly underrated at our school. Our team did way good, and we felt like they deserved the same spirit that other teams get, so we went out of our way to show our support...
Friday-

Work was such a blessing today. I didn't want to leave, even when I was pruning in the rain! I also felt blessed to be able to help one of my friends study for a test! That was super awesome.

In the evening I got to go on a hike with my class! I loved it! It was super fun to go and see nature. It also made me appreciate how many awesome people are in my life that I love and how they love me back just the way I am. It is a wonderful thing! I also got to make new friends, which is one of my favorite things.

I made it home with plenty of time to go see a movie with my friend. I had seen it before, and we had a hard time seeing because of the people in front of us, but it's nice to know I have friends that think of me when they have an extra ticket. You know?

Saturday-

Kay, to understand how great today was, you have to understand how lame I thought it was going to be.  I pretty much thought that after noon, I'd be spending the day in my apartment alone doing homework.

Here's how is went...

I went to a session at the temple at 7:30 am. One blessing is that we made it into that session.

After the temple, I got an email that I had won a scholarship. Let's just say this... I knew that I was going to get a scholarship, but I didn't realize how nice of a scholarship I was getting. I can't explain the blessing it is or the reality that the Lord is watching out for me. No doubt about it.

I got to go with my cousin Seth to Salt Lake. We were on a mission to get our great-grandfather's diary. ...well, that building was closed, so we started doing some family history research. We came to find out that it was Rootstech weekend. Long story short, a loving Heavenly Father had inspired us to come today because it was an incredible experience listening to the speakers and messages prepared. I felt so humbled.

On the way home Seth and I had an awesome chat, and I am going to play intermural soccer this semester, so can things get better than that? Probably not.

I got to spend time with Stephanie Briggs and then Carly Clark. They are both two of my favorite people and I feel so blessed that the Lord puts such angels in my life.

Sunday-

Blessed sabbath is an understatement. I love making the sabbath a delight! Today after some rock solid church meetings, I got to send thank you notes to some incredible people in my life. I got to do family history, and be visit and home taught (at the same time!). It is such a blessing to be in a place where we can learn and worship together. I learned so much from a scripture study group that I'm in, and I've felt the love of the Savior all around me as I tried to make #HisDay special to me.

In other fun news, I matched my roomates! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment