Saturday, October 19, 2013

Goal Digger.

Today was a great day, as most of my days are. ...perhaps I should explain that comment because it sounds a little cocky. I never ever ever ever go to bed feeling like I had a truly bad day. It's a wonderful thing. Here's the thing... I am blessed in my life, yearly, monthly, weekly, daily, hourly, and down to each minute and second. Sometimes lame things happen, but I remind myself that one lame event should not define my day, just as I wouldn't want one mistake to define the person I am. When I feel sad about how one of my days has gone, I take the time to attempt to recognize all the good things that happened to me. I say attempt because I fully accept and recognize that no matter how hard I try, I will never be able to notice all the things that go right that could go wrong or all the silent acts of service in my life. I let the happy moments outweigh the unhappy moments in my mind, because we all know that good is more powerful than bad. In reality, the only power bad/evil things have is the power we give them as we dwell on them. The reality is that the love my Heavenly Father has for me is real, and if I'm willing to open my eyes to seek for it, the evidence is overwhelming. So when I say I don't have bad days, I mean it. I have bad moments and bad hours, but I never go to bed having a bad day. I have too much to be grateful for for that kind of nonsense to be true.

Today was a good day, as most of my days are. I woke up and got ready for the day. I checked Facebook and saw a picture that my four year old sister drew of my family. I took a picture of it and made it my phone home screen. I walked to the south side of campus to wait for the landscape management activity meet-up to happen. I was way earlier than I intended to be (a blessing in disguise), so I called my mom's phone. My intention was to talk to my little sister about the picture she drew, but my little brother answered the phone. I literally haven't gotten to talk to this kid since I left for school... mostly because he's a punk... we'll just say it's because he's really busy. That was pretty sweet.

I got to go to the Gaumer Residence with the Landscape Management Club, where we winterized the property. It was fun, hard, gratifying work, and I can honestly say, I put my effort in it. I am exhausted, but it was definitely worthwhile.

During the drive home I got to talk to a friend and look at all the beautiful trees as we drove through the mountains. It reminded me of home a bit, but with this whole other side to it because (to be honest) Virginia has no real mountains!
Sidenote: Today Jade was talking about the Appalachian mountains, but he called them something like "ab-la-shawn" or "abba-lay-chain" or something, I have no idea what he said, but my first thought was "I thought the only mountains in the East were the Appalachian Mountains...." Then I realized that was what he meant. Too funny.

Now I am home and clean, with tan lines on my feet from the shoes I was wearing. It was a great day and I feel motivated to have more great days.

This is my "19 Things to Do Before I Am 19" List. I started it October 1st, and am committed to finishing it.

-Write and record an original song
-Read the Book of Mormon
-Try a new recipe at least once every two weeks
-See the temple lights in Salt Lake and visit at least 4 temples in Utah
-Read through all of Preach My Gospel
-Plan and carry out a new workout program
-Reread and Study each of the talks from Oct 2013e
-Crochet a scarf for each HE member
-Do something to serve someone else everyday (begin 10/1)
-Begin Blogging on a regular basis.
-Increase my photography profile.
-Get a job
-Be able to run 3 miles without stopping
-Meet with school counselors
-learn to make tortillas.
-begin journaling
-patriarchal blessing personal study
-Complete the BYU Tree Tour
-Write all the the Elders/Sister I know on missions


And yes, I am writing this post because I realized I am supposed to start blogging more... (;

No comments:

Post a Comment