Sunday, September 15, 2013

How the Bug Bites!

Well this has been a pretty flipping fabulous weekend. 
Fun and fabulous friends, fun and fabulous!

Friday Night- Friday the 13th didn't ruin my night. I had a blind date that night, and it wasn't with Freddy Krueger, so I can't complain! haha I went with a boy named Jacob Aaron Michael. Yep, went full name on that business. He's a pretty cool guy, goes to BYU, RM from Tonga, you know, the works. We had a good time talking together, but honestly the date was just set up really well! Karissa in our ward got about 12 couples together for games and a bonfire. The games were ridiculous and fun, they all had code names, so we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into, but to give you all an idea, we made human pyramids, dropped Mentos in Coke bottles, and wrapped our dates in cling wrap to play human bowling. Then we had a whole array of foods to roast on the bonfire from Corndogs, to Starburst, to pineapple. It was super fun! On the way home we went up to Squaw Peak to see the Provo City Lights from up in the mountain. We didn't stay very long because on a Friday night it is a total make-out spot. The lights were gorgeous. 

Saturday- I woke up early in the morning, walked to campus, and then made my way to the Mt. Timpanogos temple for a service project with the Landscape Management Club. We had worked on the tree rings shaping and weeding. It was quite fun and I got to know a lot of people better. I rode up with Melvin, Ron, and Ben. Melvin and Ron are both in a few of my classes and Ben is my TA for Living with Plants. We had a great time and then got Subway after #Subtember. :D
That night we went to a stake activity. Ben and I went at 6 and gave our friend Eric, who is also from Virginia(!), a ride! We played Swedish Twister (which I apparently was really good at). Some major hand holding went down there... of course, it was to keep our balance so we wouldn't lose. Then, we had a sidewalk chalk drawing contest. We got 2nd place and a big bin of Redvines, but definitely deserved first. The other one only won because it had a temple... just saying.
After the contest was a soduku race. Then we all got to eat J-Dawgs for dinner. For all you East Coasters J-Dawgs is a pretty big deal here, and I have to say, I was skeptical, but it was pretty good. I don't know I'll ever make that much hype over it, but it was pretty yummy. THEN WAS THE DANCE PARTY. I for real still got it. We had way to much fun breaking it down with other members of our ward and stake. I totally rapped for some of the songs and we did all sorts of craziness (including but not limited to interpretive dancing). A few members of the ward came up to me and told me that Ben and I are pretty much the best, so that was fun. Then we came home and I watched Starsky and Hutch with his roomates.

Sunday (Whatta Funday)- Today was our stake conference, which was BEYOND incredible. Let's just say that some exciting things are happening here as far as missionary work, not to mention just the incredible spirit that was present in the meeting. I also got a calling from my bishop, can't tell you what that is until I get sustained, but I am definitely looking forward to it! After church we came home and watched football/had scripture study. Now I'm watching Toy Story with Ben and Jose (who by the way, made me two salads today and homemade pizza). Too great. :D

Hope you all also had a swell weekend! Tell me how it went! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment